Why join CMQCC?
- Improve outcomes for moms and babies at your hospital
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmark quality data between your providers and against other hospitals
- Learn from local and national experts and your peers
- Get recognized - demonstrate to California stakeholders that you take maternity quality improvement seriously
- Get rewarded - many health plans are offering financial incentives and recognition for CMQCC membership
Membership Benefits - Join the 200+ hospitals already participating!
CMQCC membership offers hospitals a complete package of services to drive perinatal performance improvement.
QI TOOLKITS - Evidence-based guides for delivering high-quality care
CMQCC’s toolkits provide detailed, evidence-based, multi-disciplinary implementation guides for improving perinatal quality in the inpatient setting. They include:
- COMING SOON! The Mother and Baby Substance Exposure Toolkit
- NEW in 2020! Improving Diagnosis and Treatment of Maternal Sepsis
- Improving Health Care Response to Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Elimination of Early Elective Delivery
- Improving Health Care Response to Maternal Venous Thromboembolism
- Improving Health Care Response to Obstetric Hemorrhage V2.0, UPDATE V3.0 COMING IN 2021!
- Improving Health Care Response to Preeclampsia, UPDATE V2.0 COMING IN 2020!
- Supporting Vaginal Birth and Reducing Primary Cesareans
QI IMPLEMENTATION - Putting evidence into action
We are constantly offering new quality improvement opportunities based on member feedback and research findings. Our current QI opportunities include:
- The Mother & Baby Substance Exposure Initiative: a hospital and community-based effort to improve outcomes for mothers and newborns impacted by substance exposure, with a specific focus on Opioid Use Disorder
- QI Academy: a year-long educational initiative designed to help hospitals build a multidisciplinary maternal QI team
that fosters sustainable change and enhances professional experience
- HUDLS: online clinical education on evidence-based best practices for supporting women during labor, UPDATE V2.0 COMING IN 2020!
- Sharing of QI policies, best practices and ideas with other member hospitals on our SHARE discussion platform
- Access to expert clinical coaches
MATERNAL DATA CENTER (MDC) - Data to Drive Action
CMQCC’s Maternal Data Center is a user-friendly, low-burden tool that enables rapid-cycle performance measurement and insights for improvement. More than 200 hospitals use the MDC to:
- Compare hospital performance to statewide, regional and system benchmarks
- View provider-level results and benchmarks
- Generate one-click reports for OB Committees
- Perform drill-down analysis to identify a hospital’s unique QI opportunities
- Identify data coding issues that impact performance measure results
- Create system-level dashboards for multi-hospital networks
- Facilitate performance reporting requirements to the Leapfrog Group, Blue Distinction Provider Recognition program, California Children’s Services, CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting Program, Joint Commission OPPE program, and others