The Improving Health Care Response to Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy and Postpartum Toolkit was developed by the Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy and Postpartum Task Force as a resource for obstetrics, primary care and emergency medicine providers who interact with women during prenatal care or the postpartum period. The toolkit includes an overview of clinical assessment and comprehensive management strategies for cardiovascular disease based on risk factors and presenting symptoms.
Key elements include:
- An algorithm for symptomatic or high-risk pregnant or postpartum women to guide stratification and initial work up
- Clinician resources on contraception counseling, cardiovascular medications and breastfeeding
- Key points about racial and ethnic disparities among cardiovascular diagnoses
- Information and infographics geared directly for women diagnosed with, or at risk of, cardiovascular disease
- Future risk of cardiovascular disease and long-term health issues
- Educational handouts for women on contraceptive options and planning a pregnancy with known cardiovascular disease
The toolkit is available to download after logging into CMQCC's website.
Webinar link- Introducing the Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy Toolkit
Individual sections of the toolkit are also available to download by clicking on the links below: