- Listserv: https://share.cmqcc.org/
- CMQCC Maternal Data Center: https://datacenter.cmqcc.org
- Washington State Hospital Association Maternal Data Center: https://www.safedeliveries.org
- Oregon Maternal Data Center: https://www.oregonmaternaldatacenter.org
Personal Information we collect and process:
When you access or use the Sites, we may collect and process the following types of information from you:
“Personal Information” is any information that we can reasonably use to identify you. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Personal Information includes all Personal Data as defined under EEA laws.
“Sensitive Personal Information” includes special categories of Personal Information (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, and data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation) for which applicable law provides enhanced protections.
The table below describes the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information that we collect, why we collect it, and our legal basis for processing it.
Purpose of Processing
Categories of Personal Information
To provide online training and educational programs
Name, Stanford Unique ID, contact information, demographic information, name of employer and role with employer, professional credentials
Legitimate Interest: To facilitate provision of on-line education courses to matriculated students, staff, faculty and members of the public, as appropriate for the course
To enroll interested individuals in research opportunities
Name, contact information
Legitimate Interest: Upon request from the individual, inform registrants about research opportunities
To receive donations
Name, contact information, payment information
Legitimate Interest: To collect and process donations/gifts and donor information
To receive brochures or other information
Name, contact information, name of employer and role with employer, professional credentials
Legitimate Interest: To send brochures or other requested information
For event registration
Name, Stanford Unique ID (if available), contact information
Legitimate Interest: To process registration for educational and other university events
To submit requests for services (e.g., IT, help desk, help line, CAPS, etc.)
Name, Stanford Unique ID, contact information, name of employer and role with employer, professional credentials
Legitimate Interest: To process service requests from students, staff, faculty and other persons
Contract: If there is a contract that governs your use of such services, Personal Information is processed pursuant to that contract
Website account registration
Name, contact information, name of employer and role with employer, professional credentials
Legitimate Interest: For websites that require registration for access, to facilitate the registration
A cookie is a file designed to contain a small amount of user and website information stored on a user’s computer. The file interacts with the user and the website to provide a webpage tailored to the user through its awareness of information held within the file. Cookies also have the ability to carry all or parts of the information stored within the file to other websites that the user may visit or to third parties.
Types of Cookies
A third-party cookie is placed by a domain other than that of the website the user is visiting.
A session cookie is temporary, linking the actions of a user during any given browser session. When the browser is closed, the cookie is deleted.
A permanent cookie, also known as a persistent cookie, is stored for a specific period of time and activates each time the user visits the website that created the cookie.
We use third-party, session and persistent cookies and similar technology to collect aggregate (non-personal) information about Sites usage by all of our visitors and to help us remember you and your preferences when you revisit the Sites. These cookies may stay on your browser into the future until they expire or you delete them. We also use technology to remember you the next time you log in. Some of these cookies are erased when you close your browser window and some persist for a period of time. Further general information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Sites to provide us with better insights into the use of the Sites or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Sites.
The cookies used on our Sites may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Session Cookies – These cookies expire when the browser is closed. The purpose of these cookies is to temporarily retain information related to the user’s visit to a Site, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, and what pages have been loaded.
- Permanent Cookies – These cookies remain in operation even when the browser is closed. The purpose of these cookies is to retain information to help the user avoid retyping data.
- Third-party Cookies – Third parties install these cookies to collect certain information for statistical purposes and conducting research into behavior, demographics, and similar topics about our users.
- Analytics Cookies – These cookies help us understand how our visitors engage with our Sites. These cookies collect information and report website usage statistics. Some of these cookies are used to see how people use our Sites, which helps us improve it.
- Preferences Cookies – These cookies allow our Sites to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or looks for you, such as your preferred language or the region you are in. For instance, by remembering your region, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news. These cookies can also assist you in changing text size, font, and other parts of web pages that you can personalize. Loss of the information stored in a preference cookie may make the website experience less functional but should not prevent it from working.
- Security Cookies – We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties. Some of these cookies may collect the request made by your browser to the server hosting the website which includes the IP address, the date and time of connection and the page you ask for. We use this information to ensure the security of our Sites. Some of these cookies help make the Sites work and deliver services that the website visitor expects, like navigating around web pages or accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the Sites cannot function properly.
Adjusting Cookie Settings
You can change your cookie settings by reviewing your internet browser’s cookie options. The links below to popular browsers may help you understand your cookie options better. Typically, such information can be found under the browser’s ‘Help’, ‘Preferences’ or ‘Options’ menus.
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari – iOS
- Cookie settings in Safari – macOS
Some of our Sites engage in online interest-based advertising to enhance your experience and show you advertisements that might interest you. Like many organizations, we and our advertising partners display tailored interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our Sites. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as searching on our Sites or visiting websites that contain our content or ads. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers.
To learn more about interest-based ads or to opt-out of receiving third-party interest based ads, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info or www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note that if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you will still see advertisements – they will just not be tailored to your interests. Also note that deleting browser cookies can remove the cookie preferences you have made, so you may need to opt-out again in the future.
Sharing your Personal Information
International Transfer of Personal Information
Personal information provided to us by users outside of the United States may be transferred to other countries such as the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country. By providing us with your information you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to the U.S. and processed on servers in the U.S. However, all reasonable steps will be taken to protect your privacy in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
Non-personally identifiable information we collect and process
Standard, non-personally identifiable internet log information such as browser type and navigation to various parts of the Sites, in an aggregated form, is collected for analytical purposes to improve the browsing experience of our Sites, update relevant content and improve the overall design.
Stanford CMQCC takes the security of your personal information seriously. Our minimum security standards can be found at: https://uit.stanford.edu/guide/securitystandards.
Personal Information you submit through our Sites, such as your name, address and other contact information, may be collected by Stanford CMQCC for internal marketing and development purposes as well as to respond to your inquiry, complete a transaction for you, or fulfill other forms of customer service. You can choose not to receive marketing from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any marketing email you receive from us.
EEA Data Subject Rights
If you are an individual located in the EEA only, you will have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- Right of access. You may request details of your Personal Information that we hold. We will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and we will disclose supplementary information including the categories of Personal Information, the sources from which it originated, the purpose and legal basis for the processing, the expected retention period, and the safeguards regarding Personal Information transfers to non-EEA countries, subject to the limitations set out in applicable statutes, regulations and other laws.
- Right of correction. We will comply with your request to edit and update incorrect Personal Information promptly.
- Right to be forgotten. At your request, we will delete your Personal Information promptly if:
- it is no longer necessary to retain your Personal Information;
- you withdraw the consent which formed the basis of your Personal Information processing;
- you object to the processing of your Personal Information and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such processing;
- the Personal Information was processed illegally; or
- the Personal Information must be deleted for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We will inform any third parties we might have shared your Personal Information with of your deletion request.
We will decline your request for deletion if processing of your Personal Information is necessary:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- in pursuit of a legal action;
- to detect and monitor fraud; or
- for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Right to restrict processing of your Personal Information. At your request, we will limit the processing of your Personal Information if:
- you dispute the accuracy of your Personal Information;
- your Personal Information was processed unlawfully and you request a limitation on processing, rather than the deletion of your Personal Information;
- we no longer need to process your Personal Information, but you require your Personal Information in connection with a legal claim; or
- you object to the processing pending verification as to whether an overriding legitimate ground for such processing exists.
- Right to notice related to correction, deletion, and limitation on processing. Insofar as it is practicable, we will notify you of any correction, deletion, and/or limitation on processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to data portability. At your request, we will provide you free of charge with your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, if: (i) you provided us with Personal Information; (ii) the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent or required for the performance of a contract; or (iii) the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. Where we process your Personal Information based upon our legitimate interest then you have the right to object to this processing.
- Right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing. You will not be subject to decisions with a legal or similarly significant effect (including profiling) that are based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Information, unless you have given us your explicit consent or where they are necessary for a contract with us.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using and sharing of your Personal Information up to the point in time that you withdraw your consent. Even if you withdraw your consent, we may still use your information that has been fully anonymized and does not personally identify you.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to complain to or seek advice from a supervisory authority and/or bring a claim against us in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If you wish to contact us in connection with the exercise of your rights listed above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your written request without unreasonable delay and in accordance with any deadlines imposed by law. Unless we notify you at the time of your request, we will not charge you any fee in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Access and Choice
You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfill the particular purpose for which it was collected. We may also retain your records if legally required or to fulfill a legitimate interest.
For more information on how we collect and process your Personal Information, or if you have any complaints, please contact email@example.com.