Why join CMQCC?
- Improve outcomes for moms and babies at your hospital
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmark quality data between your providers and against other hospitals
- Learn from local and national experts and your peers
- Get recognized - demonstrate to California stakeholders that you take maternity quality improvement seriously
- Get rewarded - many health plans are offering financial incentives and recognition for CMQCC membership
Membership Benefits - Join the 200+ hospitals already participating!
CMQCC membership offers hospitals a complete package of services to drive perinatal performance improvement.
QI TOOLKITS - Evidence-based guides for delivering high-quality care
CMQCC’s toolkits provide detailed, evidence-based, multi-disciplinary implementation guides for improving perinatal quality in the inpatient setting. They include:
- Improving Health Care Response to Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Elimination of Early Elective Delivery
- Improving Health Care Response to Maternal Venous Thromboembolism
- Improving Health Care Response to Obstetric Hemorrhage
- Improving Health Care Response to Preeclampsia
- Supporting Vaginal Birth and Reducing Primary Cesareans
QI IMPLEMENTATION - Putting evidence into action
- New! California Birth Equity Collaborative’s aim is to improve birth care, experiences and outcomes for, by and with Black mothers and birthing people in California.
- New! The Mother & Baby Substance Exposure Initiative, a project of the California State Opioid Response, is a hospital and community-based effort to improve outcomes for mothers and newborns impacted by substance exposure, with a specific focus on Opioid Use Disorder.
- QI Academy: A year-long educational initiative focused on your hospital’s maternal QI project of choice to strengthen your multidisciplinary maternal QI team and build OB quality improvement leaders
- Online clinical education on evidence-based best practices for supporting women during labor
- Sharing of QI policies, best practices and ideas with other member hospitals on our SHARE discussion platform
MATERNAL DATA CENTER (MDC) - Data to Drive Action
CMQCC’s Maternal Data Center is a user-friendly, low-burden tool that enables rapid-cycle performance measurement and insights for improvement. More than 200 hospitals use the MDC to:
- Compare hospital performance to statewide, regional and system benchmarks
- View provider-level results and benchmarks
- Generate one-click reports for OB Committees
- Perform drill-down analysis to identify a hospital’s unique QI opportunities
- Identify data coding issues that impact performance measure results
- Create system-level dashboards for multi-hospital networks
- Facilitate performance reporting requirements to the Leapfrog Group, the CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting Program and the Joint Commission OPPE program and others.