Why join CMQCC?
- Improve outcomes for moms and babies at your hospital
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmark quality data between your providers and against other hospitals
- Learn from local and national experts and your peers
- Get recognized - demonstrate to California stakeholders that you take maternity quality improvement seriously
- Get rewarded - many health plans are offering financial incentives and recognition for CMQCC membership
Membership benefits - Join the more than
200 hospitals already participating!
CMQCC membership offers hospitals a complete package of tools to drive perinatal performance improvement.
QI TOOLKITS - Evidence-based guides for delivering high-quality care
CMQCC’s toolkits provide detailed, evidence-based, multi-disciplinary implementation guides for improving perinatal quality in the inpatient setting. They include:
- New! Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy
- New! Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy
- Elimination of Early Elective Delivery
- Response to Obstetric Hemorrhage
- Response to Preeclampsia
- Supporting Vaginal Birth and Reducing Primary Cesareans
QI COLLABORATIVES - Putting the evidence into action
CMQCC collaboratives provide expert guidance and support for implementation of ACOG and AWHONN guidelines — detailed in the CMQCC toolkits — through:
- Monthly small-group calls led by trained mentors assigned to your team
- Sharing of best practices with peers
- Access to national and local experts through grand rounds and in-person and virtual education sessions
- On-demand support by CMQCC clinical quality and data liaison staff
New! Coming in 2019 - Online clinical education on evidence-based best practices for supporting women during labor
MATERNAL DATA CENTER (MDC): Data to Drive Action
CMQCC’s Maternal Data Center is a user-friendly, low-burden tool that enables rapid-cycle performance measurement and insights for improvement. More than 200 hospitals use the MDC to:
- Compare hospital performance to statewide, regional and system benchmarks
- View provider-level results and benchmarks
- Generate one-click reports for OB Committees
- Perform drill-down analysis to identify a hospital’s unique QI opportunities
- Identify data coding issues that impact performance measure results
- Create system-level dashboards for multi-hospital networks
- Facilitate performance reporting requirements to the Leapfrog Group, the CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting Program and the Joint Commission OPPE program.