As part of our community of 200+ member hospitals - accounting for 98% of California's delivery volume - you are a key partner in providing California's moms, babies, and their families with the best start to life. Since CMQCC's inception in 2006, the year that the California maternal mortality rate hit an alarming high of 16.9 per 100,000, CMQCC has worked collaboratively with stakeholders across the state to identify the key causes of maternal mortality and morbidity and, most importantly, develop tools to help hospitals improve maternal patient safety. The dramatic decline in our statewide maternal mortality rate, as depicted by the graph's blue line, speaks to the power of collaborative action. Together we can make impactful change!
Looking forward, CMQCC remains committed to real-time development of solutions to assist our member hospitals in implementating the latest clinical guidance and data tools.
- Learn from CMQCC’s on-demand clinical coaches and data managers as well as your peer hospitals, representing 95% of California’s maternity units.
- Access rapid-cycle data analytics to measure your progress alongside statewide, regional, and system benchmarks on more than 90 clinical quality, data quality, and statistical metrics in CMQCC’s Maternal Data Center (MDC).
- Perform drill-down analyses to patient-level data and by provider to identify your hospital’s quality improvement opportunities within the MDC.
- Support your birth equity initiatives with the MDC’s race and ethnicity stratifications. Coming soon: CMQCC’s new Birth Equity Implementation Guide!
- Build your performance data expertise with our new MDC Education Modules, providing guidance on using and interpreting your hospital's perinatal quality measures within the MDC. Earn 3.0 Contact Hours accepted by the California Board of Registered Nursing for completing the entire basic user course!
- Fulfill performance reporting requirements with the MDC’s convenient reporting features for the Leapfrog Group, DHCS’ QIP Program, Cal Hospital Compare, California Children’s Services, the CMS Inpatient Quality Reporting Program, and the Joint Commission’s DDSP and Perinatal Standards. NEW! CMQCC can support hospitals in meeting the requirements for CMS’ new Maternal Morbidity Structural Measure. Learn more here.
- Improve outcomes with access to CMQCC’s evidence-based, multi-disciplinary toolkits and implementation guides, including our newest updated toolkit, Improving Health Care Response to Obstetric Hemorrhage V3.0.
- Improve your clinical skills and learn online with SHARE, our online discussion platform where member hospitals share QI policies, best practices and ideas, and our newly updated online labor support education platform HUDLS, which offers 5.0 complimentary Contact Hours accepted by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- Create sustainable change by participating in a CMQCC QI collaborative, including our current collaborative, QI Academy. QI Academy is a year-long educational initiative focused on evidence-based quality improvement techniques with a goal of enhancing the long-term QI skills of the perinatal team.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in maternity quality improvement via our community and members-only educational webinars focused on data, clinical recommendations, and most recently a series of webinars and resources on guidance around COVID-19 as our understanding of the pandemic evolves.
- Get rewarded with financial incentives and recognition for CMQCC membership via our partnerships with performance reporting initiatives and health plans.